Installation of Mac OS X
- Go buy Mac OS X.
- It is assumed that you have at least the first Mac OS X Install CD
lying on your desk or inserted in your CDROM drive.
- Please set up your disk and CDROM drive
then return here.
- Please use a Darwin installation CD (instructions)
for partitioning of the harddisk. You can try to use the partitioning
program that comes with the Mac OS X installer (Disk Utility from
the Installer menu) later on but this reportedly creates
incomplete and unbootable installations.
- Work through Getting started then return here.
- Set prom_driver_graphic to "path/to/video.x".
- For Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar): set prom_env_bootargs to
- Start PearPC, wait and follow the instructions given by the installer.
- Click the Customize button, and uncheck Additional Print Drivers,
Additional Asian Fonts, and Localized Files
- Click Install and wait a long time.