Installation of Mandranke Linux 9.1
Warning: Installing Mandrake works very well. But booting the
installed thing is non-trivial.
- Get the Mandrake Installations CDs from a near mirror.
- Read the getting started document first.
- Join the club.
- Make sure you have configured with a big harddisk (3 GiB should do)
and a CDROM with the Mandrake 9.1 PPC CD1 inserted. Select a 15 bit
video mode. (ppc_start_resolution to 1, 4 or 7)
- Boot and you should get the yaboot menu.
- Press enter and wait.
- At some point, a graphical installer will show up.
- I won't partition your disk for you so you have to do it on your own
- create 2 partitions: Apple bootstrap and a Linux one
- continue install.
- It will ask you to insert another CD. Click "Change CD" and
choose a different .iso or simply insert a different CD. Continue.
- Something bad may happen in the end of the install. Nevermind.
- You won't get much farther anyway :-(